Skip to main content

Humor

Humour

(Latin: humor, "body fluid") source wikipedia (so it must be true)


Just in writing the above definition I find instantly humorous ammunition, the two things that pop into my head immediately are:


1. Words divided:

It is funny that the English language for the word is divided in spelling:

British English spelling - humour

American English - humor

Latin – humor


So here you go:

American 1, British 0


My score goes to America for respecting the Latin version and being a little keyboard lazy myself it’s one character less to type saving time is always a winner in my view even though backspace and delete are quite busy keys on my keyboard, so for the rest of this post I will type my presses in words (starting now). Also to keep things fair and equal I will try and use both humour and humor.


2. Latin meaning of the word:

Body fluid, body fluid?

Come on that is funny just as it stands backspace, what happens when you laugh so hard that your stomach muscles (well abdominal muscles to be anatomically accurate) are in pure delightful torment, that gut wrenching freedom of uncontrollable hysteria that unfortunately rarely happens but when it does it feels like that next day after you did a thousand sit-ups. I completely know whats coming next an infectious release of the bodily fluids uncontrollably GUSHING STARTING AT THE EYEBALLS (OOPS I just pressed the caps loskbackspace lock), from the eyeballs to the nose, with this instant backspace release of delicious super clear and extra runn backspacey snot flows out like a waterfall, then there is the realisation that you now own a snot issue and you do the “cheeky sneaky sleeve wipe” on your sleeve, realising you have a short shirt anyway so as to not draw too much attention and not to impact others indulging in the perpetuating extra hilarious moment with something plain weird and disgusting, they noticed it but turned a blind eye, partly because the tears are serendipitously blur blocking the full view on reality and the addiction to the current moment. If it is way to obvious then sometimes a snort or a truth trigger giggle starts the roar off again, it’s delightful now. Next is the winner, the clencher, the only way is down and most likely the start of the “I pissed my pants” or “I pissed myself laughing” phrases, if you are ever fortunate enough to have a laughing experience where this actually happens, cherish it because that is probably the intended truth behind the Latin meaning of humor that the Latin language was trying to capture. A complete loss of control over bodily fluids, an almost hemotoxic climaxing crescendo to something uncontrollably humorous.


Humour as a word.

SObackspaceo boring, a synonym “funny” is a mushbackspace(x2)ch more humor inspiring word. Example:

That was humour

That was funny


Although both can be completely complimented with creative profanity, I’ll leave that to the imagination of the reader.


The last time I had the full Latin laughing experience was last week when my two year old son so proudly dressed himself in his underpants, he was so excited that my six year old daughter joined in the triumphant celebrations. Then we heard a marching jingle with very basic lyrics “dance dance with your butt-ox out” into the room came the two of them chanting their mantra, two year old in front and 6 year old giving marching orders. To understand the lyrics better we had a look at the situation with closer inspection and found that the two year old had somehow got both legs through the one leg-hole of the underpants, exposing his butt-ox, instant tears of laughter, instantly invited snot and those abdominal muscles taking a hammering, and the bladder about to give out. The more we responded uncontrollably the more the intensity of the march picked up, what a great way to embark on a new day.


Sibackspaceigning Off:

What is interesting is that because I consciously focussed on not pressing the backspace and delete keys, I didn’t (too much), maybe I triggered a change through conscious behaviour, a uniquely inspiring concept.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOD99vs1

I am by no means a perfect role model, I am by no means close to a perfect person but I do try every day to be better than yesterday or at least learn from yesterday. In writing this I invoke my freedom of speech. I will be scrutinised, I will be criticised, I will be ridiculed, most likely attacked and possibly silenced. My primary motivation is developing awareness and thought provocation. The death of democracy. The design of modern day politics is causing increased pressure on our existence globally, we are politically divided, almost half and half and more than ever we are distracted, more than ever we are losing our way. Our choice of political leadership does not make any significant difference anymore. Democracy is supposed to be a majority ruling, but the majority these days only means a handful of votes or underhanded power negotiations of which we did not vote for. The faceless removal of a figurehead voted for by the public, means your vote didn’t count for th

Angry Snake - Four years in remote Africa - Part One

Angry Snake. There are  countless stories, situations and adventures, here is one of the interesting ones: So it was that time of the year where the annual flooding of the Zambezi river had risen up and over the banks and into the massive flood plains, enough, to once again close our roads to the lodge and forcing us to start using boats for all access in and out. As we were about to drive our vehicles out, navigating the drowning driveway for the last time this particular season, we were informed that there was a "big snake" stuck in a fishing net across one of the flood channels crossing our driveway.  So armed with a knife and a swimming towel we set off to free the frustrated reptile.  To comprehend the situation a little better we waded into the waist to shoulder deep water, with the seemingly relentless current of endless flow, working against us. It turns out that the fishing net, a very long web of intricate meshed knots, needed to be pulle